2023 Referee Camp Information
YOUTH REFEREE SUMMER CLINIC
We are excited to offer a week-long soccer referee clinic targeted to youth - who would like to become soccer referees. Funding for the camp is subsidized with a grant from the United States Soccer Federation as part of the USSF "Innovate to Grow" initiative. The camp is designed to produce
Competent and Confident Youth Referees
This summer referee clinic is designed for youth 13 to 16 years old. In order to become a registered United States Soccer Federation referee, the minimum age is 13 years old. Those campers that are under 13 years of age will NOT be eligible to become a USSF Referee.
San Francisco: McCoppin Square Park 24th and Santiago: June 19 - June 24, 2023
Redwood Shores: Marlin Park: 500 Cringle Drive: August 7 - August 11, 2023
BECOMING A REFEREE
Attending a referee camp such as this is NOT a requirement to become a certified USSF referee. The minimum requirements to become a certified USSF referee are outlined on the website of the California North Referee Association www.cnra.net
Camp attendees that also register with the United States Soccer Federation will become USSF Grassroots referees. Requirements are:
· Minimum age 13 years old.
· Register with the USSF and pay a separate $75 fee.
· Complete approximately 5 hours of on-line referee instruction. Ideally this would be accomplished before the referee camp.
· Referees that finish the on-line USSF material before the end of camp will be awarded their referee license at the end of the week.
We will be providing you with a code to select the correct USSF registration class. We will be sending information about USSF registration to those individuals that are part of the camp. Rest assured we will help you through the process.
DAYS - Bay Area Camps
Five days (Monday thru Friday) 9 AM to 4 PM San Francisco
Five days (Monday thru Friday) 9 AM to 4 PM Redwood Shores
· Referees will be provided with an entire referee kit (valued at over $125), including all the uniform and all the accessories needed to be an experienced referee.
· Campers will have 25 - 30 hours of instruction from certified instructors from the United States Soccer Federation or the American Youth Soccer Organization or SAY Soccer.
· All instruction will be outdoors, on the soccer pitch, interacting with players and developing the mechanics and skills to become competent and confident soccer referees.
COST - Bay Area Camps
$275 per referee
An additional $75 paid to the United States Soccer Federation for the referee license.
Partial scholarships ($150 discount) are available to deserving youth. To apply for a scholarship, please submit a letter outlining your situation along with a supporting letter from your school counselor/soccer coach/soccer club or similar individual familiar with your situation.
WHAT TO BRING - Bay Area
Water, sun screen, a hat, a backpack/string bag/small duffle, lunch. Positive attitude.
REGISTRATION - Bay Area
Register for Bay Area Summer Clinic
For Bay Area Camps, no refunds after 21 days before the first day of camp.
SAY Soccer, Peninsula Soccer Club, San Francisco Youth Soccer and the Peninsula Soccer Referee Association